Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

BBQ

BBQ 

Another BBQ recipe just in time for the 4th of July
This is one of those old-time recipes that only has a few ingredients
Its very little work to make but tastes so great!
The original recipe came from my Grandmother-in-law
I only slightly altered it
I grew up eating ground beef BBQ with whole cloves in it
Being a child I hated picking out the cloves mother overlooked
I do love the flavor it adds to BBQ, so I add ground cloves to mine
Note:
This is a Sloppy Joe type bbq using ground meat
but this recipe works well with just about any meat
Ground, shredded or left whole and sauce poured over
Chefs Tip:
I have made this many times using ground Turkey, no one ever noticed.
Ingredients:
3 pounds Lean Ground meat 
1 cup minced Vidalia onion
1 cup minced Celery
3 cups Ketchup
1/2 teaspoon ground Cloves
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons prepared Yellow Mustard
1/4 cup Regina White Wine Vinegar


Directions:

In a skillet over medium-high heat,
Cook until no pink remains about 10-12 minutes
Drain meat
Add remaining ingredients
Simmer on medium-low for 30-40 minutes
 
 
Here is my family's favorite
Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw
 

I prefer to eat this on the same day its made

Ingredients:

4 cups Green Cabbage, finely chopped (1 lb)

4 cups Red Cabbage, finely chopped (1 lb)
1/4 cup minced Baby Carrots, minced
1/4 cup Vidalia Sweet Onion, minced (juice squeezed out)
Sauce:
1/4 cup granulated Sugar
1/8 cup Buttermilk
1/8 cup half and half
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon juice
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
 
Directions:
In a large bowl, mix cabbage, carrots and onions; set aside
Whisk together sauce ingredients
Pour sauce over cabbage mixture
Refrigerator for one hour


Enjoy the yummy 4th of July Foods
*&* Have A Safe & Fun Filled Holiday 


 

So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
        Have The Best Day Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment