Translate

Friday, July 11, 2014

Baked Lemon Basil Tilapia in Parchment Pockets


This is one of those recipes you really can use any fish you prefer

I had Tilapia tonight so that's what I used.
I also cook Flounder, Grouper, Halibut, Salmon and Whiting a lot.
Any of those fish would go great with this recipe.
Wrapping the fish in parchment paper makes the fish so light, flakey and moist.
My family absolutely loved these fillets tonight.
I'm cutting back on sodium and fat so I didn't add Old Bay
And only used a tiny drizzle of the butter/evoo and it was still delicious!
 
Baked Lemon Basil Tilapia
4 thin Tilapia fish fillets, rinsed and checked for bones
Juice of 1/2 lemon, slice half lemon into 4 wedges
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon unsalted sweet cream butter
Freshly cracked pepper
2 Tablespoons dried sweet basil
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon Vidalia sweet onion, grated
1 large garlic clove, grated
Paprika, optional
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400* F.
Put butter into glass measuring cup or small bowl and microwave on high until butter begins to melt
*about 20 to 22 seconds*
Place each fillet on a piece of parchment paper.
Squeeze lemon juice over each fillet.
Pour 1/2 T butter/olive oil mixture over each fillet.
Sprinkle 1/4 t Old Bay, pepper to taste and 1/2 T basil over each fillet.
Using the blade of a butter knife, add 1/4 teaspoon each grated garlic and onion to each fillet.
Add paprika, if using.
Fold the parchment paper down the center and each end to make a pocket
You want to completely seal the fillets inside
Place wrapped fish into a 9 X 13 glass Pyrex baking dish.
 
Place on center rack of preheated oven, bake for 18 to 20 minutes
or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
I served them with corn on the cob
and a side of Balsamic Glazed Carrots and Green Beans
I posted that recipe as well
 
 
 
So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment