Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Elegant Lemon Glazed Pork Chop

I've been making these pork chops for over 20 years
Everyone I have ever served these to has loved them
This Simple Recipe Makes A Very Elegant Meal
Plated above they are served with Broccoli in Cheese Sauce *&* Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
 
Pork Chop ingredients
2 large eggs 
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 
1 teaspoon lemon pepper 
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning 
6 (4 ounce) 1/2 inch thick pork chops 
1 large lemon, sliced
 
This sauce is very similar to my Meat Loaf Sauce
 
Sauce ingredients
3/4 cup ketchup
1/8 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 cup honey 
1 teaspoon Regina White Wine Vinegar
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/4 teaspoon Ground White Pepper

Note:
If you do not have a zester or access to fresh nutmeg, McCormick's makes a nutmeg mill similar to a pepper mill. It can be found in the spice isle in grocery stores.
 
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F 
 
Cooking Instructions
In a shallow dish, whisk eggs with lemon juice *I use a glass pie plate*
in a separate shallow dish, combine flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, lemon pepper and poultry seasoning.
Give the chops a light dusting of the cornmeal/flour mixture
Dredge chops in egg
Then coat with cornmeal mixture again. 
In a large skillet over medium-heat melt together butter and olive oil 
Very lightly brown the chops on both sides *about 3 to 4 mins per side*
Just look at these gorgeous golden goodies!
 
Remove chops skillet, place in a 9x13" glass PYREX baking dish ;^)
Cut lemon into 6 slices, place one slice on each  pork chops. 
 
Sauce instructions
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the ketchup, brown sugar, honey and vinegar.
Season with nutmeg, dry mustard and pepper.
You don't need salt, there's plenty in the ketchup :^)
 
Heat until sugar dissolves. 
Pour sauce over pork chops. 
Spread sauce to cover chops
Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. *Sorry I did not photograph this step*
Uncover, return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
  
Tip:
Depending on your preference you can place the sliced lemosn on the pork chops before or after covering them with the sauce. 
Its been my experience that the lemon sometimes tends to dry out when placed on top the sauce.
 
Gorgeous Fork Tender Chops that melt in your mouth! 
I think it makes a much prettier presentation when the sauce is spread entirely over the chops.
 
NOTE:
For those who do not like breading, you can skip that step by leaving out the egg, corn meal and flour.
Be sure to season the chops before adding the lemon slices and sauce.
Bake as recipe states.
Recipe works great both ways.
 
 
So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Good grief...these look good! Now I am wanting me a porkchop! Gotta pin this one! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aim, what a wonderful recipe and this looks so good. Love the way you share your steps in your recipes and the final plate display. Thanks for sharing. I am a bit behind in visits since my kitchen project has kept me mighty busy.
    Thanks for the google following too, I just added you as well.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely Aim. I love lemons and this recipe is calling my name, since i have a big bowl full of them right now. Any more thoughts regarding your blog? Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. Lemon essential oil

    ReplyDelete