Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Broccoli Salad

I've been rushing trying to post as many summertime goodies as I could for the 4th of July
Everyone has their own version of this very popular salad
below is mine
Its a great dish for any gathering
Ingredients:
3 to 4 Large Heads Broccoli, stems removed
1/2 cup Spanish Onion, finely chopped or thinly sliced
2 1/2 cups Craisins, Cranberries or Raisins
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds or your choice of nuts
2 cups Fancy Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup pre-cooked & crumbled Bacon
Place vegetables and nuts in a large bowl. Set aside. 
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, sugar, mayo & lemon juice.
Pour dressing over the vegetables, toss to completely coat all.
Cover & chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Vegetables will remain crisp. 
Refrigerating overnight will yield softer vegetable.
Note:
Place into small canning jars for individual servings
or larger jars for taking on a picnic or out boating. 
 

 
 
So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love broccoli salads....Thanks for sharing the recipe and also for visiting me. It made my day to see a new face. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aim, I love broccoli and this looks amazing. Thank you for sharing. I am surly going to keep this one and try it soon. Wishing you a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Aim, it's a pleasure to meet you. Thank so much for your sweet compliments. I would love to design something very special for you, when you are ready. Your broccoli salad looks yummy and easy to travel too. Happy 4th to you. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I wish I'd seen this a few days ago ~ I wound up buying a vegetable cole slaw at our local grocery that looked just like yours for our 4th of July BBQ. Now I've got the recipe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummo! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete