Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Broccoli Salad

I've been rushing trying to post as many summertime goodies as I could for the 4th of July
Everyone has their own version of this very popular salad
below is mine
Its a great dish for any gathering
Ingredients:
3 to 4 Large Heads Broccoli, stems removed
1/2 cup Spanish Onion, finely chopped or thinly sliced
2 1/2 cups Craisins, Cranberries or Raisins
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds or your choice of nuts
2 cups Fancy Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup pre-cooked & crumbled Bacon
Place vegetables and nuts in a large bowl. Set aside. 
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, sugar, mayo & lemon juice.
Pour dressing over the vegetables, toss to completely coat all.
Cover & chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Vegetables will remain crisp. 
Refrigerating overnight will yield softer vegetable.
Note:
Place into small canning jars for individual servings
or larger jars for taking on a picnic or out boating. 
 

 
 
So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!