Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

BBQ Sandwiches

BBQ Sandwiches
Here is one of those recipes I so loved from my childhood
My mother used the Original Kraft BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, celery, onions and whole cloves
I prefer KC Masterpiece, hubby likes Sweet Baby Rays
Use your favorite bbq sauce, they all work well with this recipe
This has a homemade and store bought BBQ sauce in it because I really like my grandmothers BBQ, so I combined both to make my own version.
Use your choice of meat... beef, chicken, pork or turkey
Ingredients: 
1 pound Ground Beef
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1/2 cup minced Celery
1/2 cup minced Vidalia onion
1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper, optional
1 minced Garlic Clove, optional
1 cup Heinz (no salt added) Ketchup
1 Tablespoon Domino Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Guldens Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Tablespoon Regina White Wine Vinegar
1⁄4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 cup KC Masterpiece Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Directions:
Place ground meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, season with Worcestershire
Cook until evenly browned, stirring to break up clumps and no pink remains (about 5 minutes)
Drain meat very well
Place meat into a food processor, finely chop
Add vegetables to skillet, cook until tender and onions are transparent
Add meat back to skillet
 
Stir in sauce
Simmer for 30-40 minutes
Be sure to stir frequently to prevent the sauce from burning and sticking to the bottom on the skillet
Serve on potato hamburger buns or rolls of your choice
I like to serve with a pickle wedge and a side of coleslaw
A lot of people like to add coleslaw to their BBQ sandwiches
I'm posting that recipe (below) as well
As promised...
Here is my family's favorite
Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw
I prefer to eat this on the same day its made
Ingredients:
4 cups Green Cabbage, finely chopped (1 lb)
4 cups Red Cabbage, finely chopped (1 lb)
1/4 cup minced Baby Carrots, minced
1/4 cup Vidalia Sweet Onion, minced (juice squeezed out)
Sauce:
1/4 cup granulated Sugar
1/8 cup Buttermilk
1/8 cup half and half
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon juice
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
In a large bowl, mix cabbage, carrots and onions; set aside
Whisk together sauce ingredients
Pour sauce over cabbage mixture
Refrigerator for one hour
Enjoy all the yummy Fourth of July Foods and Drinks
Wishing Everyone A Safe
*&*
Fun Filled Holiday
"Happy Boating"
 
 

So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
Have The Best Day Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment