Translate

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

POACHED FISH

This is a great way to avoid fats
No oil or butter needed 
For Such A Plain & Simple Recipe, It Sure Makes A Flavorful Fish.
My son inhaled two fillets before his daddy and I could eat one
Ingredients
2 Celery Stalks, top halves with leaves
3 Lemon Slices
3 to 4 Sprigs of Fresh Parsley (see photos)
1 Bay Leaf
1 (1/4-inch thick) Onion Slice
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 teaspoons Dried Sweet Basil Leaves
2 cups Water
1 pound Tilapia (4 fillets)
 
Directions
In a large stockpot (roomy enough for 4 fillets)
Add celery, parsley, lemon slices, onion, and seasonings
Pour water in the pot and swirl around to mix in the seasonings
Cover and cook on high-heat
Bring to a rolling boil
Boil for about 5 minutes
The fish turned out so moist and very delicate
It was falling apart as I was getting it out of the pot
 
I served this fish with a squash recipe very similar to the Zucchini Boats
Dianna posted on her wonderful blog over at
 
Many thanks to Dianna
My family and I really enjoyed these
Hubby said they are his new pizza
That was a huge compliment coming from a man who can eat pizza every night
I didn't have the recipe on the computer in front of me
And I couldn't pull it up on my phone
So I added what I could remember and then a few favorites
Here is what I used...
Ingredients
1 Garlic Bulb, Roasted
1 Zucchini, sliced lengthwise
2 Yellow Summer Squash
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon Dried Sweet Basil
1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
2 Plum Tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup Fresh Mozzarella Cheese ball, diced
1 cup Fresh Romano Cheese, finely grated
2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, stems removed

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch glass PYREX baking dish
Slice all the squash lengthwise, about an 1/8 inch thick
Then place in the oil dish
drizzle olive oil over slices
Season with salt, pepper, basil and oregano
Slice the very top off the bulb of garlic to expose the flesh / meat
Place garlic bulb in a small 501 PYREX  fridgie (with lid)
Drizzle olive oil over garlic bulb
Then season with salt and pepper
Set the Garlic aside until it cools
Once cool enough to touch  squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin
Then dice (see photo below)
Dice mozzarella balls and grate the Romano
Dice tomatoes
Sprinkle on the diced tomatoes
Then add the diced mozzarella
Sprinkle on the grated Romano
Add fresh parsley leaves and roasted garlic
Look how colorful
Cover with foil and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until desired tenderness
Remove foil and place under the broiler for just a couple minutes
We all loved how they turned out
The yellow squash was great but the zucchini was fantastic
My husband said he wants them once a week
The squash in the Flamingo Pink PYREX above were from the 2nd batch
They disappeared while my son and I were in the pool swimming off dinner
Bon Appetite



 So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment