Translate

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Corn Muffins

I really enjoyed the mini loaves of cornbread from Boston Market
So I came up with my own version and usually make them as
Corn Muffins
This recipe makes a lovely pan of Cornbread and loaves as well
Doesn't matter what you bake it in, it turns out fantastic!

My version is a very moist cake like cornbread
I originally named it Cornbread Cake
I have converted many cornbread haters with this recipe.
 
Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup Land O' Lakes Sweet Cream Butter
2/3 cup White Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Orange Clover Honey
2 Large Eggs, Whisked
1 can Del Monte Sweet Cream-Style Corn
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (not cool whip)
 
Dry ingredients:
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Indian Head Yellow Stone Ground Corn Meal
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder

 Note:
The heavy whipping cream is the type of cream used in coffee not cool whip
Although you can make homemade whipped cream with it
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Whisk together the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Sift dry ingredients into a separate large mixing bowl.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
Whisk just enough to incorporate all but do not over mix.
Spoon mixture into muffin tins
Bake on center rack for 20 - 25 minutes.
 

So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!

1 comment:

  1. Now this will indeed be a must try for me! Sounds so good just reading the ingredients. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete