Translate

Friday, July 11, 2014

Hot Pepper Jelly

This jelly is fantastic served over cream cheese
We like to eat it on Wheat Thins
 
Hot Pepper Jelly
Ingredients:
1 cup hot peppers
3 large Sweet Green Bell Peppers
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
6 cups Sugar
1 cup Cider Vinegar
1 box Certo (unflavored gelatin)
1 box Sugar Free Strawberry Jell-O
Red Food Coloring
 
Directions:
Seed chop and puree hot peppers and bell peppers.
You may want to wear gloves when doing this step
*&* be very careful not to run your eyes O.O
 
In a saucepan over medium high heat add white wine vinegar, sugar, cider vinegar.
Whisk until sugar dissolves.
Bring to a rolling boil.
Boil for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, let stand for 15 minutes before returning to heat.
Boil 2 minutes, then add one box of certo, Jell-O and food coloring.
 
Chefs Tip:
Divide jelly in half before adding food coloring to make red and green jelly.


So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!
 


2 comments:

  1. This sounds great for a gathering with crackers. It looks so good. Love the pic of the little one. Too cute.
    Blessings for a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like pepper jelly over cream cheese and carried this to many a bridal shower or baby shower. But have never made my own with all the canning I have done! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete