Translate

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thick Light *&* Fluffy Pancakes

 
I really love sharing Tried & True Recipes
Giving is such a fantastic feeling, and since my passion is cooking in my PYREX
Here I am sharing my own personal creations as well as my family recipes in blogland with all my cyber friends
I wholeheartedly believe in spreading goodness
And these lovely pancakes are truly golden goodness ;^)
Squidward Breakfast I made for my son =)
 
Ingredients
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/8 cup White Granulated Sugar
1 1/8 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Large eggs
1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Vitamin D milk
1 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
1/8 cup melted Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, plus some for frying
1/2 cup fresh fruit Such as Blueberries or Strawberries
 
Directions  
Preheat skillet or griddle (I use my griddle).
Mix the milk and vinegar together (homemade buttermilk)
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and buttermilk
In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Sift the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients
With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently stir until it forms a lumpy batter being careful not to over mix, see Note*
Melt 1 teaspoon of butter on griddle or in the preheated skillet
Spoon 1/3 cup of batter on griddle or the skillet
Sprinkle the top with some of the fruit
Cook about 4 minutes when large bubbles will form flip, then cook an additional 3 minutes on the other side
Wipe the griddle or skillet with a dry paper towel
Do not remove the skillet from heat in between removing cooked pancakes and adding more pancake batter
Serve with a warm blueberry or strawberry maple syrup and fresh berries.
 
NOTE:
Over mixed batter will result in flat, heavy pancakes.

So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!