Translate

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thick Light *&* Fluffy Pancakes

 
I really love sharing Tried & True Recipes
Giving is such a fantastic feeling, and since my passion is cooking in my PYREX
Here I am sharing my own personal creations as well as my family recipes in blogland with all my cyber friends
I wholeheartedly believe in spreading goodness
And these lovely pancakes are truly golden goodness ;^)
Squidward Breakfast I made for my son =)
 
Ingredients
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/8 cup White Granulated Sugar
1 1/8 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Large eggs
1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Vitamin D milk
1 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
1/8 cup melted Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, plus some for frying
1/2 cup fresh fruit Such as Blueberries or Strawberries
 
Directions  
Preheat skillet or griddle (I use my griddle).
Mix the milk and vinegar together (homemade buttermilk)
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and buttermilk
In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Sift the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients
With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently stir until it forms a lumpy batter being careful not to over mix, see Note*
Melt 1 teaspoon of butter on griddle or in the preheated skillet
Spoon 1/3 cup of batter on griddle or the skillet
Sprinkle the top with some of the fruit
Cook about 4 minutes when large bubbles will form flip, then cook an additional 3 minutes on the other side
Wipe the griddle or skillet with a dry paper towel
Do not remove the skillet from heat in between removing cooked pancakes and adding more pancake batter
Serve with a warm blueberry or strawberry maple syrup and fresh berries.
 
NOTE:
Over mixed batter will result in flat, heavy pancakes.

So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!

3 comments:

  1. Those look yummy this morning as I sit here with my coffee in hand! My man loves making pancakes for us sometimes on Sunday mornings. May have to tell him to try these now! Have a great weekend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aim, WOW this look so good this morning and I could sure go for one or two right now. I would have to sub the flour with rice flour but the rest would work fine for me and the gluten issue. Thanks for sharing and the tips too. You truly are an amazing cook!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pancakes look SO yummy! Love the fluffiness. ;)

    ReplyDelete