Translate

Friday, July 11, 2014

Low-Sodium Balsamic Glazed Carrots and Green Beans

I've been cutting way back on sodium lately

I haven't been adding any salt to my recipes and I honestly have not missed it.
This is one of those recipes.
The saltiness of the Parmesan makes up for the lack of salt.
 
Low-Sodium Balsamic Glazed Carrots and Green Beans
Ingredients:
1 pound fresh organic baby carrots
1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, regular flavor
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Orange Clover Honey
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place carrots into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook carrots for 3 to 4 minutes
Then add the green beans to boiling water, boil for 6 minutes. Drain.

Sauté garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds over medium heat.
Add balsamic vinegar, honey and pepper.
Add carrots and beans, sauté 5 minutes.
Add slivered almonds, sauté an additional 3 minutes longer.
Place in a 4 quart rectangular casserole dish
Sprinkle with desired amount of parmesan cheese
Broil until cheese melts and lightly browns, about 3 to 4 minutes
 
So glad you have stopped by
I love to read comments from folks visiting me in blogland.
I look forward to new ideas, suggestions, requests
and even any alterations you may have made to one of my recipe posts.
So please leave me a comment and I will buzz by your blog and do the same for you.
Come Back Soon
*&* Often
You're Welcome Anytime!
Aim ♥
 
        Have The Best Day Ever!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment